August 2014 marked 100 years since the commencement of the First World War, whilst Remembrance Day 2018 will mark a century since the ceasefire, also known as the Armistice.
The Victorian Government’s Anzac Centenary Program (2014 – 2018) aims to enrich and deepen our understanding of the commitment and sacrifice made by Australian servicemen and women during the First World War. As part of the Anzac Centenary Program, a special Armistice Tour will run in 2018.
WHAT IS IT?
The Armistice Tour 2018 is a one-off delegation of 10 participants from the first 10 years of the Premier’s Spirit of Anzac Prize (SOAP) study tour. The Armistice Tour will represent Victoria at commemorative events taking place to mark the 100 year anniversary of the end of the First World War in 2018. Locations will include Lemnos (Greece), the Western Front (Belgium and France) and London (England).
The Armistice Tour 2018 will take place in late October and early November 2018 and will recognise previous participants who have been empowered by their SOAP experience and continue to embody the Spirit of Anzac in their lives today.
To be eligible for the Armistice Tour 2018, applicants must be former student recipients of the SOAP program who participated in a study tour in 2005 through to 2014 (inclusive).
HOW DO I ENTER?
Candidates are required to submit;
- completed nomination form
- current CV (no more than 3 pages)
- referee endorsement supporting application
- response addressing either of the selection criteria questions (max 400 words).
SELECTION CRITERIA QUESTIONS
- Since participating in SOAP, how have you demonstrated the Spirit of Anzac?
- Describe how participating in SOAP has influenced your life?
WHEN CAN I APPLY?
Applications must be received by 5pm, Thursday 8 March 2018. Early lodgement is welcome at any time.
- Applications will be reviewed by a selection panel comprising government and veteran community members.
- Applicants will be contacted in early April 2018 if successful.
WHERE DO I SEND MY APPLICATION?
Complete the nomination form and email your application with attachments to:
ENQUIRIES AND MORE INFORMATION
Phone: 03 9651 2036
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- The applicant must be a former recipient of SOAP who participated in the overseas or Canberra study tour in 2005 through to 2014 (inclusive).
- The applicant must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia in the year of the Armistice Tour 2018.
- By making application you are agreeing that your application can be used for publicity purposes. After the tour, applicants may be expected to make presentations to the wider community.
- Successful applicants must have or obtain an Australian passport with at least six months validity at the time of travel. Candidates must arrange any vaccinations required for travel.
- The Selection Panel’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The costs of the study tour including airfares, meals and accommodation will be met by the Victorian Government.